Each year, NACIO partners with the National Association of Counties (NACo) to present insightful workshops at NACo’s two primary meetings, the summer Annual Conference and the spring Legislative Conference. Check out recent presentations by clicking on the links at left:
2013 NACo Legislative Conference
Building Transparency Through Trust
- Lori Hudson, Hillsborough County, Fla.
- Wendy Holmes, Douglas County, Colo.
Extending your Outreach With Social Media
- Todd McGee, N.C. Association of County Commissioners (PPT)
Media Boot Camp Video
NACIO member Don Kappel, Public Affairs Department Director of Chesterfield County, Virginia, (right) presented this workshop at the 2010 Legislative Conference of the National Association of Counties (NACo).
Power of the Press – Securing Media Support for Your Legislative Agenda
Speakers at NACo’s 2010 Annual Conference workshop were
- Kitty Barnes, Commissioner in Catawba County, North Carolina;
- Jim Philipps, Director of Media Relations of the National Association of Counties; and
- Todd McGee, Communications Director at the North Carolina Association of Counties.
Can you hear me now?
This fun, interactive workshop was held at the 2012 NACo Annual Conference in Pittsburgh, Pa. More than 80 county officials participated in the session, making it one of the most heavily attended workshops at the conference.